(A) Courses Offered Under both Scheme - A & Scheme - B:
Courses offered at Manasagangotri, Mysore
I. Faculty of Arts
1. MA: Ancient History & Archaeology, Anthropology, Christianity, Communication & Journalism, Comparative Literature & Translation Studies, Co-operative Management, Development Studies, Economics, English, Folklore, Hindi, History, Jainology & Prakrit, Kannada, Linguistics, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict resolution, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sociology, South Indian Studies, Urdu, Women’s Studies.
2. MSW (Master of Social Work), MMusic (Master of Music) MDance (Master of Dance)
II. Faculty of Science and Technology
1. MSc: Anthropology, Applied Geology, Biochemistry, Bio-technology, Botany, Chemistry, Earth Science & Resource Management, Electronic Media, Environmental Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Human Development, Mathematics, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology, Statistics, Zoology.
2. MTech in Computer Cognition Technology, MTech in Computer Science & Technology, MTech in Urban and Regional Planning.
3. MCA (Master of Computer Applications).
4. MLISc (Master of Library and Information Science).
5. MScTech in Computer Science with an optional exit at the end of Fourth Semester with MSc in Computer Science Degree.
6. MSc Molecular Biology - (5 years integrated course) at Yuvaraja’s College, Mysore.
7. MSc in Chemistry at Yuvaraja’s College, Mysore.
8. MSc Criminology and Forensic Science, MSc in Geographical Information System (GIS) at Maharaja’s College, Mysore.
9. MS in Animation at CIST, Manasagangotri, Mysore
10. MTech in Information Systems and Management at ISIM, Manasagangotri, Mysore
III. Faculty of Commerce
- MBA, MBA (Agri-Business), MCom MFM (Master of Financial Management), MBITech
- MEd ( at Manasagangotri) BPEd & MPEd - at (Maharaja’s College Sports Pavilion), Mysore
- Ancient History & Archaeology, Botany, Commerce, Correctional Administration (at Maharaja’s College), Forensic Science (at Maharaja’s College) Economics, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, History, Kannada, Law, Library and Information Science, Political Science, West Asian Studies, Sanskrit, Sociology, Zoology
- Applied Sociology, Counseling and Health Psychology, Criminology and Correctional Administration (at Maharaja’s College), Electronic Media, Gemmology and Ornamental Stones (Geology) Heritage Tourism & Travel Management (at DOS in History) Human Resource Management (BIMS-Evening Course) Human Rights and Duties Education, Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law, Marketing Management (BIMS-Evening Course), Museology Tourism and Heritage (at DOS in Ancient History and Archaeology), Retail Supply & Chain Management (BIMS-Evening Course) Translation (Hindi) Video Production (at DOS in Mass Communication and Journalism), Food Quality and Safety.
- Professional Diploma in Tourism Management, Professional Diploma in Tax Management (BIMS)
- Arabic / Persian & Urdu, Co-operative Management, Decentralization of Planning & Panchayat Raj Institution, Human Development, Industrial Relation, Music, Rural Reconstruction and Development.
- French, German, Russian
- Arabic, Persian
- MA - Economics, English, Kannada.
- MSc - Polymer Science, Sugar Technology, Chemistry.
- MPhil- Kannada, Economics.
- MA- English, Kannada,
- MSc - Bio-Science, Electronics
- MPhil - Kannada
- MBA, MCom, MSW
(a) PG Course: MS Animation
(b) PG Diploma Courses: (1) Animation (2) Bio-Informatics (3) E-Commerce (4) Geo-Informatics (5) Multi-Media Technology (6) Publication Design (7) Software Development
(c) Diploma Courses: (1) Hardware & Networking (2) Multi Media Production (3) Information Technology (Advance Diploma)
(B) Courses Offered Under Scheme ‘A’ Only
I. MPhil Degree Courses
- Ambedkar Studies, Chemistry, Christianity, Learning Disabilities, Mathematics, Seed Technology, Translation, Urdu.
II. PG Diploma Courses
- Agricultural Marketing Management, Ambedkar Studies, English, Epigraphy, Folklore, Indian Literature, Jainology, Linguistics, Prakrit, Prayojan Mulak Hindi, Translation, Vivekananda Studies, Women’s Studies.
- Post MSc Dipl. In Hydro Geology (Geol)
- ost MA Diploma in Manuscriptology
- Gandhian Studies, Kannada, Film Direction
- B.R. Ambedkar and Human Rights, French, Functional Hindi, German, Kannada, Prakrit, Russian, Urdu
1. The Prospectus and the Application form may be obtained from 25.06.2012 in person in the Office of the Administrative Officer, Senate Bhavana, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006 OR from the Offices of respective Post- Graduate Centres, on payment of Rs.150/- for each application form and Rs.100/- for Prospectus.
2. The candidates can also get Application form inclusive of the prospectus through post, by sending Demand Draft for Rs. 350/ ( Rs.100/- towards Postal Charges) drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysore
3. Candidates may also down-load the Application form from the University Website:http://uni.mysore.ac.in and submit the same with a demand draft for Rs.150 (One Hundred and Fifty only) towards application fee, drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysore.
4. In case of courses with entrance examination, additional fee of Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only) per entrance examination should be remitted, through a DD drawn in favour of Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysore payable at Mysore be sent along with the filled in application.
5. The Entrance Examinations for admission to specified courses will be held from 28.07.2012 to 01.08.2012 at Manasagangotri Campus, Mysore 570 006.
6. Separate application form should be submitted for admission to each course and also for seeking admission to one and the same course at different Post-Graduate Centres.
7. The filled-in application form in all respects of all courses (except for MPhil) along with necessary certificates and copies of marks cards and certificate relating to caste/ category in case of claim for reservation under such category / caste should be submitted to the Chairpersons of respective Department of Studies at Manasagangotri, Mysore 570 006 on or before 25.07.2012 (latest by 5-00 pm).
8. The last date for admission for MPhil degree course is 27.08.2012. The candidates who intend to join for MPhil course are required to contact the Chairperson of the concerned department of studies in this regard.
For further details, log on to the link: